Thursday, August 4, 2011

A is for Ava

A couple of months ago while sitting at my computer, inspiration of the strangest sort struck. I had just spent time reading to my children, and as I glanced down at the picture book that hadn't yet been put back on their bookshelf, I started to think about what I'd just read, which, somehow, led me to wonder what would happen if there were storybooks for adults?

Not that the concept of storybooks for adults is a new one. I knew it would be important to take an it's-been-done-before idea abd give it an original facelift.

By the end of the evening, my idea was transformed into Book One, A is for Ava, from a new series of alphabet storybooks for adults, entitled Mother Grim's Nefarious Nursery Rhymes, featuring my Orphans of Oddfellow Manor.

The concept behind the series: To issue 26 books, letters A -Z, over a period of two years. Each book will feature an Oddfellow Manor Orphan, and tell his/her grim and dour story. 

The cover art for A is for Ava was created by Barbara M. Logan, who I have worked with in the past, and look forward to working with on many future projects. (She did my eBook covers, and they are AMAZING!)

Each alphabet storybook will be limited to a first run printing of just 50 copies. I might issue a limited hardcover edition for each, but for now, the books will be issued in paperback. 

A is for Ava will be issued on August 15, and can be purchased directly through my website (http://www.evaglynnstephens.com), and Book Two in the series, B is for Bailey, will be released in mid-October.