Sunday, February 6, 2011

Where did January go--and why has it been so long since my last post?

 I’m really looking forward to this year (well, the next 10 monmths of it since I somehow lost track of January, although that isn’t difficult to do since my youngest child just happened to choose to arrive mere days after the New Year. This, of course means that I have precisely 13 days to recuperate from Christmas, clean up the remnants of a New Year’s Eve party, store away the leftover bbq spare ribs and sauerkraut, and pack up the holiday décor before I bake a birthay cake and wrap even more presents in preparation for yet another party, all of which can be a horror story in itself.)


Oh, and did I mention my middle child? His birthday is right in the middle of this blustery, snowcapped month, and I have my work cut out for me as I prepare his medieval knight themed party, complete with a castle cake and gold bar favor boxes. I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to get some sleep by April.


But birthday parties and sleep schedule aside, February is going to be a very busy month for me, on a professional level. And I certainly cannot complain about that!


To begin with, my newest short story, “Safety Boy” has been accepted for publication, and, if all goes well (fingers crossed), his twisted tales may just develop into a series of novellas.


So, as I wait for my galley proof to arrive, I have been working to embark on my newest adventure: the eBook. Or, in this case, to be more precise, the eStory.


Two of my previously published short horror stories, “As it Lies Sleeping” (Dark Things III) and “Guilt” (Dark Things V), and one previously unpublished story, a black comedy with a pinch of horror added in to spice it up, “Velvet Elvis and the Buckskin Rug” will be packaged into eBook format, and will go on sale around the first of March--or even sooner, if I'm lucky.


I'll blog more about the eBooks soon.